There are a number of different review sites that consumers can take advantage of in researching contractor’s reputation and history. One of the most well-known and successful ones is Angie’s List. Angie’s List is known to be a good source to vet possible contractors. The reason Angie’s List reviews are highly regarded is for some of the following items you can count on with Angie’s List reviews.
The Angie’s List difference:
- No anonymous reviews
- Certified data collection process prevents companies and providers from reporting on themselves or their competitors.
- Complaint Resolution Team intercedes when necessary
- Both companies and providers respond to reports
- Time and trouble taken to verify the accuracy of the reports that people post
- Background checks and license checks performed of the contractors on Angie’s List
- Standards exist for the number of reviews you should have and the time period of those reviews
There certainly are other sites available both paid and free but some are known to have suspect reviews that can be gamed. With many other sites, there is no process to monitor or validate the reviews.
Archadeck of Kansas City is proud to be the Angie’s List Super Service award winner every year since 2009. Angie’s List yearly measures the quality of all the reports turned in that year. They are then ranked to identify the best of the best. Less than 5% of all companies reviewed qualify for the award.
At Archadeck of Kansas City, we always urge all homeowners to do their due diligence. Even though you can feel fairly confident with the reviews on certain sites, it’s always a good idea to check other sites looking for confirmation. A couple more good places to check are The Better Business Bureau website, and Houzz.com which also provides a place for consumer reviews.
If you are considering adding a new deck, porch or other outdoor living space to your Kansas City area home, give us a call for a free consultation. We look forward to your call at 913-851-3325. Please also visit our Archadeck of Kansas City website.