Too all linguists, I apologize in advance for the double negative in the title. But, when thinking about things you would miss out on, it’s easier to talk about them this way. Many people might think of a sunroom as a room you enjoy in the milder months of the year. We think about enjoying the sunrise and sunsets of longer days at winter travels into spring. We think about looking out the windows and watching the green trees change their color during fall. But how often do we imagine spending wonderful winter moments in our sunroom?
Perhaps it’s because the name of the room that we imagine using the room to enjoy the sun. But, sunrooms are also popularly called 3-season rooms and 4-season rooms. A 4-season room will have insulation and heating so that it can be used throughout the year. A 4-season room is essentially a room addition to your home. Everything from the roof style to gutter style as well as interior details ranging from color to materials will be matched to fit your home. We always build to make the rooms look original to the home.
So here we go.
Winter moments in your sunroom.
- At the crack of midnight, toasting your beloved while watching glistening snowflakes fall from the sky
- After the kids are asleep, noticing the moon keeping an eye out for you as you play Santa and wrap the children’s gifts at Christmas
- Sitting in your sunroom in early evening on Thanksgiving day with a turkey sandwich and a plate on your lap since the food coma from the Thanksgiving meal finally wore off and turned to the grumblings of hunger again
- Sitting in your robe and slippers with your feet on the ottoman watching the sun begin to rise through the steam from your very hot morning coffee
- That second cup of coffee that your spouse notices you need and delivers to you with a breakfast treat before the sun has completely risen into the sky
- Watching your teenaged daughter talking to a young suitor near your pool at the back to make sure all “intentions” are good
- Sitting on your sofa loveseat with your laptop playing on the computer while you listen to the rain outside the windows
- Setting up the family puzzle on the table in the sunroom and greeting family members as they drop by, put in a piece or two, and tell you a little bit about their day
- Enjoying a cup of afternoon tea with a beloved grandparent and lingering as you listen to stories of old
- Having a room with windows on 3 sides to watch the birds, the snow, the moon and watch grass grow
With a limited view of the outside from many of the rooms in our homes, we often don’t think of all of the things we could do if we could enjoy a full view of the yard whether day, night, hot or cold. Many romantic and timeless memories could be made and shared if you had a sunroom/4-season room to enjoy throughout the colder months.
Consider adding a new sunroom to your home to enjoy the winter moments as well as those in the fall, winter, and early spring.
Give us a call to discuss for a design consultation. We welcome and look forward to the opportunity to speak with you about adding a 4-season room to your home. (913) 851 – 3325 or send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Take a look at some of our photo galleries at our website: Kansas City sunroom pictures and photo gallery
Kansas City area 3-seasona and 4-season pictures and photo gallery