Frequently we field questions from clients about their roof options on a deck, and the decision to leave a deck open or to go for a full screened porch option. The following are the major reasons our clients build a screen porches.
1. The shade provided by the roof and screens makes the harsh summer sun easier to live with. When you combine a roof, screens, and a ceiling fan summer temperatures are much more controllable.
2. Screen porches are much more private, especially when neighbors views look right at your backyard or deck area. The combination of roof and screens partially blocks the view. Additionally optional heavy-duty screening is available that provides even more privacy from neighbors.
3. I love to sit outside in the summer rain! Multiple people have told us they really enjoy being outside in the rain during the summer. There is a feeling of connection with nature, without being wet.
4. We can dine outdoors without the bugs and flies. Obviously in this part of the country bugs, flies and mosquitoes are common. These annoying pests can really diminish enjoymentof an outdoor dinner, but the screened porch allows you to minimize them.
5. I have a place for my kids to play, but not be in the house and under foot. The porch allows a sheltered play area, protected from the weather.
6. I don’t have to worry about my furniture getting wet. Many people would like to use a better grade of furniture or cushion, with more style, and the porch allows this.
7. It’s a great area for entertainment! Most guests love the outdoors.
8. I can have lights and a TV outside, without worrying about damage.
9. My cat and dog love the porch! Many pets really enjoy sitting outside on a porch.